We all have stress, good stress, bad stress, sometimes necessary and sometimes not. We all also suffer the consequences of harmful affects on our bodies from too much stress at times. So no matter what the stress is from, here are 10 helpful ways to relieve some of it, things you can do now, today in 10 mins or less.
- walk, walk fast, walk slow, either way works, outside is best but even inside helps
- sit for a few minutes and enjoy some cold water somewhere pretty
- reflect and thank the Lord for the blessings in your life
- shower, oh my, a long shower does wonders for me
- prayer, goes without saying
- sing, yep something fun
- call a friend, the kind who won’t let you whine, and will encourage you
- do your hair, or your nails or anything that makes you feel pretty… might try a Flexi Clip with a new style
- close your eyes, just a few minutes of down time, you will be amazed, it works wonders
- meditate on a favorite scripture, have several ready, run to them when you feel the stress closing in
Find yourself a creative outlet, do not make a career out of it, just something that you enjoy that can be done in small bites of 10 minutes or less. No deadlines, or pressure, this is supposed to relieve stress not cause it.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6