As a Momma and a Grandmomma, I take child safety real serious. Over 10 years ago we lost a child to illness, that was hard enough, I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child to accident or injury, and yet I have held the hands of those who have. Of course we can never quite protect them from everything, and there comes a point where you really just have to give it to God and pray, that is every day of course. But we also have to recognize that God gives man inspiration to build great things and when they involve child safety I sit up and take notice. I urge you to take a second and go check your TV. Pick it up and see how much it weighs, then notice if it is sitting on a shelf or a mount, then notice if it wobbles or moves about at all. Then for a moment consider if there were a rather rambunctious but oh-so-fun pillow fight going on and the tv got in the way, what would happen? Would it fall, topple, or move? Could it harm a small child? Most of us would have to answer yes. Yet we always thought what was coming out of the TV was dangerous, well that can be but the actual TV can also be a hazard if not mounted properly.
So, I am doing my part by getting the word out and by offering this GIVEAWAY- you can win one of these incredible SAFE TV mounts! Keep reading and enter at the rafflecopter below.
For many Americans, a flat panel TV is a great way to enjoy family time and entertainment. However, most parents are unaware of the safety risks that flat panel TVs pose for kids. Due to increasing size and new ultra thin designs, today’s flat panel TVs can easily tip over when bumped or pulled, toppling off of furniture and causing injury or even death.
Bringing this risk to the forefront, SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide. By educating consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TV’s, SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
SANUS TV Mounting Tips:
- Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
Below please find a link to a SANUS TV Safety Video:
Along with SANUS I encourage you to join their efforts and advocate mounting of flat panel TV’s in your homes.
I would like to offer one of my readers a complimentary flat panel SANUS TV Vuepoint Mount F180, courtesy of SANUS . You will receive a mount that fits your respective TV.
Please note that this will not include the actual installation of the equipment.
Winner will have 4 hours to get back with me.
disclaimer – I am a problogger and I am being provided a free item for review, however my opinions are my own.