The weather that is, it is HOT and getting hotter by the minute, we are in for record breaking temps here in TN today so I reposting one of my most liked articles… enjoy.
You are if you live in the South anyway. And in the interests of changing that, here is a revised edition of a previous article. Because I am too hot to write much more, .
It has been in the high 90?s with lots of humidity, and it is getting well over 100 today with the heat index at 115. Wow. So what works for me today? My favorite tips on how to keep cool. Especially if you live in the South.
- Pray for rain.
- Drink lots of water.
- Use insulated cups to keep your ice water cold.
- Put plastic containers of water in the freezer that will make ice blocks that will fit in your insulated cups, so you don’t run out of ice.
- Cook in a toaster oven or crock pot, and put it somewhere that won’t heat up the whole house.
- Pray for rain again.
- Eat salads.
- Take an extra shower and instead of drying your hair brush and put up in a bun wet. Even the straightest of hair gets a nice wave if dried this way. When dry take out and shake. Keeps you cool and looks great when done.
- Turn on the hose and play with your children outside.
- If you don’t have a pool, buy a kiddie pool at Walmart and sit with your feet in it.
- If you don’t have AC open the windows on the cool side of the house and turn the ceiling fans on.
- If you don’t have AC and have 2 stories use 2 box fans to cool off, put one downstairs in a window drawing air in, and the other upstairs in a window blowing air out.
- Pray for rain some more and read, “The Long Winter” by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Thank the Lord that you live in America and not Africa.
- Get as much as you can done early in the day.
- Go visit a friend with a pool.
- Go swimming in the creek.