anybody want a 40% off coupon??? here you go, add books to your cart from my bookstore and use this 4023289F
AND … Today only, as a freebie one of my very favorites for you!
In America Christmas is one of the biggest holidays celebrated. The economy is even dependent on it. If you ask folks what the Holiday is they will tell you the celebration of Christ’s birth, yet 99% of the activities have nothing to do with Jesus. There are even mock holidays now coinciding with the Christmas season so that everyone can celebrate together even if they don’t want to admit Jesus exists. Christmas is an American tradition plain and simple. The month of December revolves around it. As Christians we should not get caught up in the commercialism of the event but remember that it is the one time of year more than any other when folks who are not even believers are open to hearing about Jesus. Even folks who have never submitted will get teary eyed at an inspirational movie or a beautiful manger scene. Since the Lord has truly gone before us and tenderized hearts, and opened doors this time of year it is up to us to take advantage of the opportunities. Before we can begin to share the love of Jesus with a lost and dying community we must first focus on Him ourselves. It is my prayer that with the help of this book, Christmas not only becomes a Christ honoring time of year but a fruitful one. That you are able to witness the true gifts of love and salvation in your family and community.
Over 30 pages of articles,family discussion guides, bible studies, antique pictures and activities!
Here is a sneak peek from the Table of Contents
* Introduction * History of Christmas * No room at the Inn * Is there room in your inn? * Coloring page * Supernatural Birth of Jesus * Printable picture * Memorization project * The Greatest Gift of All Is Jesus * Tell it on the Mountain * Christmas wish list for Jesus * Make your own wish list * Word search * Fill in the blanks * Family talk and prayer * Bonus pages and answer keys
regular Price: $4.95 today FREE!!
Trying to stop prayer from happening in school is impossible.
When things get hard folks pray. And they pray and they pray.
I used to have a friend that would say, “don’t wait until you are hungry to plant your garden”. He was referring to prayer. Don’t wait for hard times to do what is right. Pray today.
No matter who says what. Be respectful, think of others, be humble. But always, always pray. Lives depend on it.
Find encouragement daily in God’s Word. Live it like it is your very air to breath and water to drink.
That is what gets us through hard times. And makes hard times bearable, when they seem unbearable.
picture from http://www.facebook.com/HopeForTheHeart
Christmas wish list
This is actually an excerpt from our ministry newsletter I wrote and printed in 2000, but I hunted it down for you because it is worth repeating. ~~~~
As we are now into the busiest time of the year for most people, I urge you to stop, take a moment,(or 5 or 60) and spend some time with Jesus. What does Christmas mean to you? Is it about Jesus, or tradition of man? For most of you, you’ll answer, “it’s about Jesus”, yet we can get so busy we forget all about Him. Have you spent more time wrapping presents than you have in prayer? Have you spent more time shopping than witnessing? Have you decorated your house but forgotten to put the “garment of praise” on yourself? Have you bought presents for everyone but the one whose birthday it is supposed to be? Is it time for a change? Am I really starting to get to you? To begin with Christmas really has nothing to do with the Lord, and if the original apostles were still around they would not distract from the Lord’s work to celebrate it. Most theologians will tell you Jesus was probably born in the fall not winter, but the time is not told us exactly in scripture for the very reason that we would make it the event it has now become. But, since in America we are already distracted, and have already made an “event” out of it, let’s use it to His advantage! This is one of the few times of the year people will listen about Jesus. Here is my year 2000 suggestion list for gifts for Jesus,
- Our favorite!! Write a love letter to Jesus, keep them until Christmas day then read them as a family
- give a Jesus video to each of your neighbors and family members
- Find a busy shopping corner, get the children singing carols, read the Christmas story from scripture and then keep reading, go right through the crucifixion then ask the crowd if there are any questions or prayer requests, all this should be done loud enough to hear from a distance, but not obnoxiously
- invite a few ‘lonesome friends” for supper and share the love of Jesus with them
- write down your testimony, the whole story, then give it to your parents, grown children, and any unsaved familymembers
- give a monetary gift (sacrifice, make it hurt) to a ministry, missionary, or homeless mission that really shares the gospel, not toys to needy children, but to somewhere that shares JESUS to the broken ones
- give your time at a mission or other place that shares the gospel
- spend a day fasting and praying for your community
- write a love song to Jesus and teach it to your family
- have tracts printed and pass them out
- give the Lord that one thing He keeps asking you for (time, chocolate, cigarettes, t.v., your new truck,) whatever is getting between you and Him, your idols
- buy bibles instead of other gifts
- all of these ideas require some prayer before hand, that is giving Jesus the gift He most desires,
your attention!!!! just to spend time with you!!!!!