There are just some weeks where you feel like you are being bombarded by events outside of our control. Often times we can control our surroundings but sometimes we can’t. Maybe it is wacky weather, or a family matter, or a job layoff or just some serious prayer requests that are weighing heavy on your shoulders, or maybe it is as my friend Skeet Savage describes, "the pull of this world’s unholy gravity."
Here are some tips and reminders of ways to stay focused and keep your smile during weeks where it seems near impossible.
- prayer, start you day with it everyday, and you will be prepared for those tough times
- worship, when you focus on God’s goodness rather than needs
- exercise, can do wonders
- sun and fresh air, it is amazing what a walk outside can do
- serve others, fastest way to be blessed yourself
- eat good, healthy food makes you feel your best, avoid junk
- drink plenty of water, it is easy to forget but helps relieve stress
- vitamins, some vitamins are destroyed by stress, be sure you are taking what you need
- plenty of rest, tired = grouchy
- stepping back, sometimes you need a little distance from a situation, tragedy in the world? turn off the TV
- see what God’s word says about it, when you look at a situation through his perspective things often look a lot more bearable
love to y’all