So you want to start a momma blog? Or maybe you already have a mom blog? Or maybe you are even the queen of mommy blogging. Either way, these tips are useful for all.
Some blogs I am blessed by,
other’s make me want to cry,
I love to hear about your youngins,
as they learn and play,
but when it shames them even without knowing
it really ruins my day! …….. Penny Raine
Ok, onto some do’s and don’ts.
- Do share sweet stories about others
- Don’t share if they wouldn’t like it
- Do respect other’s privacy
- Don’t keep the story and change the name if they ask you not to share at all
- Do post cute pictures of your OWN family
- Don’t post pictures of other peoples children without specific permission
- Do be polite
- Don’t laugh at other’s expense
- Do share a link to someone else’s story on their blog
- Don’t post the story yourself as if it were yours
- Do share your name and location if there is a purpose and you live a public life anyway
- Don’t share details of your personal life that isn’t necesarry
- Do tell us about your spouse
- Don’t tell us their faults no matter how big
- Do tell us your own most embarassing moment
- Don’t tell us other folks most embarassing moments, let them tell their own
- Do use some culture or accent in your words, y’all
- DON’T use cuss words, PLEASE! some of us don’t appreciate it!!!!
- Do tell us about your past and how Jesus set you free!
- Don’t tell us about someone else’s past without their permission
- Do ask for prayer in overcoming your own hurdles in life
- Don’t ask for prayer for your neighbor’s unfaithful husband by name
- Do share cute stories about your toddlers
- Don’t share if they might be embarassed 10 years from now
- Do share about your older children
- Don’t share personal details they wouldn’t want the world to know
- Do share a family picture
- Don’t share the one where everyone looks bad except you
- and so on, and so on….
I once read a blog that you would recognize if I told you the name, it could have been funny and it obviously is to some because she has a million times more readers than I do. But I had to stop reading because I really wanted to just cry when I read it. She constantly made fun of her children. Please remember our little blogging communities may feel like just that a neighborhood. But the web is a big place. If you want too air your own dirty laundry that is your business. But let everyone else, even your own children and especially husband, and even in-laws deal with their own private lives privately! If you would be ashamed to say it out loud in church in front of everyone then don’t blog about it. Or tweet about it, or post it on facebook. Are we all getting the point?
need a good read? check my bookstore
don’t miss a thing Subscribe in a reader