Well, we did get ice. But we still have power. We also have much lower temps than we are supposed to have. Winter has not even started yet and it didn’t seem like it was going to be too bad, but I guess it is time to face facts and get prepared. We have already used as much firewood as we do for nearly a whole season. Hopefully that stays a guy job.
So let me see what else needs to be done.
- clean, fill and get oil lamps ready
- find every nook and cranny air leak in this old house
- get out extra quilts
- prepare door stop rolls for exterior doors
- compile 10 “warm your bones” recipes
- stock up on hot cocoa makings
- check storm doors and windows for drafts
- find some good family cowboy movies
Some of these I have already completed as I tackle along this Tuesday.